Spicy sambal pork ramen
The taste of this spicy sambal chopped pork, you should definitely try out some time! Corn, bok choi, the pork, crispy onions, ... poured over with our Miso Mushroom broth, it's really a great dish!
Ingredients for 2 persons
- 1 pot Miso Mushroom Brouillon
- Sesame oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½ onion, shredded
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed to a pulp
- 200 g minced pork
- 1 tsp sambal (badjak or other)
- 150 g (wide) wheat noodles
- 1 baby pak choi or bok choy
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp canned corn, drained
- Handful of soybean sprouts
- Handful of fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp crispy onions
- Optional instead of the crispy onions: 1 shallot and neutral oil
Heat a dash of sesame oil in a pan over medium-high heat and sauté the ginger and onion for 1 min. Add the garlic and stir-fry for 1 min before adding the minced meat. In a few minutes, stir-fry the meat until crispy. Add the sambal and fry for another 1 min.
Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles al dente. Pull apart the leaves of the baby pak choi and add to the water during the last minute of cooking. Drain the water and rinse briefly with cold water.
Heat the broth and add the soy sauce. Divide the broth, noodles and pak choi between two bowls. Top with the minced meat, corn, sprouts, cilantro and crispy onions.
(Optional: Peel and thinly slice the shallot. Heat an inch of neutral oil in a small pan over medium-high heat and fry the shallot for a few minutes just until lightly browned. Using a spatula, remove the shallot from the pan and drain on a sheet of paper towels. Sprinkle with salt).
Do you have some ideas for shops in your neighbourhood? Let us know!