Middle Eastern soup with sweet potato
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PERSONS
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/4 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, in thin slices
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 50g feta
- 250g sweet potato or pumpkin, steamed/grilled
- 100g pearl couscous
- 150g chicken (ideally thighs), in small pieces of about 2 cm
- Toppings (optional): jalapeno, cilantro
Boil some water to cook your pearl couscous in. Cook them according to the packaging.
Add the cumin and cinnamon with olive oil in a small bowl and whisk. Bake this mix 1-2 minutes in a pan and then add the chicken. Bake for about 2 minutes on a high heat and then add the onion and garlic. Let them fry on a low heat during 5 minutes. Last but not least, add 1 teaspoon of honey.
Add your Brouillon and the sweet potato/pumpkin to the pot. Let it cook until it boils.
Pour your meal soup in a bowl, add the pearl couscious. Top off with some feta, jalapeno and cilantro if you like.
Do you have some ideas for shops in your neighbourhood? Let us know!