Marinated chicken laksa
INGREDIENTS FOR 2 PERSONS
- Yellow Curry Coco Brouillon
- 300g chicken leg
- 1 teaspoon five spice (Chinese herb mix with 5 spices - easy to make yourself as well*)
- 1 teaspoon chicken spice
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or honey if you don't have it)
- 50g broccolini*
- 120g noodles (ex. thicker rice noodles work well with this dish)
- Toppings (optional): cilantro, spring onion, red pepper, sesame seeds
*Paksoi would also go really well with this dish!
Slice the chicken into small pieces and put it in a bowl. Add the five spice, chicken spices, maple syrup and one tablespoon of olive oil. Mix well and set aside.
Boil some water to cook the broccolini 4 minutes. Don't throw away your water and cook your noodles in the same water - Cook them according to the packaging.
While cooking the noodles and broccolini, fry the chicken on a high heat for about 4-5 minutes.
Heat up your Brouillon. Let it cook until it boils.
While waiting, slice up your toppings real thin.
Pour the noodles, broccolini and chicken in a bowl, add the hot Brouillon. Top off with some toppings if you like.
Do you have some ideas for shops in your neighbourhood? Let us know!